Monday, October 06, 2008

Yelling At Clouds

From My Own Little Corner I watched today as the stock market plunged to below 10,000 points for the first time in more than 4 years. The world markets didn't fare any better. In the European markets there were losses anywhere from 7.07% to 9.04%. The Asian markets dropped 4.25% to 4.97%. Germany's DAX was down over 7% and British FTSE down almost 8%. The Russian markets dropped even more sharply than these other markets, with losses from 6.10% to 20.67%. And in the midst of this terrible world economic crisis, Sarah Palin was pasted all over the news stations, spouting her rhetoric about Barack Obama's ties to Bill Ayers and telling us how the McCain-Palin ticket is going to change Washington D.C. Never mind that there are no specifics, just the same old, tired lines. I have listened to many speeches from these two and I still don't know what they are going to do. I have only heard the generalized and often reworked stump speech. Now when they see that they are falling behind in the polls, they revert to Karl Rove style attacks. These are the same type of attacks that G. W. Bush used against John McCain in the 2000 primaries. You know when they accused John McCain of having an illegitimate child by an African American woman. Remember back when John McCain decided that he wanted to run for the Republican nomination and he told all of America that he wouldn't run a campaign like the one that Karl Rove ran in 2000 and 2004? You know the kind where you will say anything to get elected. Remember when he said that he would never, ever approve a bill that had any "pork" and that as President he would veto any bill with earmarks that crossed his desk? I think that was just week before last. Gee, how things have changed. His campaign is throwing around false and misleading accusations against Barack Obama and he just voted FOR the bailout (I know that they are calling it a "rescue", but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...) and it contained 112 BILLION DOLLARS in earmarks. Of course after he voted for it, he was against it. Remember that little bit of nostalgia from the 2004 election? So far the only change that I have seen from this ticket is in their promise to run a "clean" campaign. When I listen to John McCain now he just sounds like an angry old man, who is yelling at clouds. And as far as Sarah Palin is concerned, she is just the PTA mom who insists that her ideas are the only ones that count and every body else should just shut up. She and John Mccain were very loud and sarcastic today when they told America that Barack Obama was the angry one, the lying one, the one with no plan. It is the same old George W. Bush idea. Lie about it often enough, loud enough, and long enough and it will become true. Well, I have been listening to these two scream and rant and I still don't believe them. And if I am wrong, well, then I will be the first to say so. But I remember when George W. Bush was elected, my husband and I sat at our kitchen counter, in our middle class, 1350 foot ranch home, and told anyone who would listen that he would get us into a war within the first two years of his presidency and that given the chance he would ruin this country. Well, he has done that, and with his economic policies and lies about HIS war, he and his republican congress (it was that way for his first six years, so don't start telling me that the Democrats are in there now) have done more than any foreign or home grown terrorist to destroy MY COUNTRY and it's standing in the world. And so I say to you readers (all 2 of you), can we really afford 4 more years of the same old self serving policies and lies? As always, may your God bless, and keep, you and yours. Pray for peace and enlightenment. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

WHY THE ACA IS A DIRE NECESSITY FOR ME

From My Own Little Corner     I was diagnosed with Lupus in 1993, and for the next 21 years, I had no insurance. I used Urgent Care Centers,...