Thursday, October 09, 2008

First Lady Material

From My Own Little Corner I watched Larry King Live last night. He interviewed Michelle Obama and I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed. What a classy lady. I don't know if I could be that gracious to the people who are throwing exaggerations and outright lies around like throwed rolls from Lambert's Cafe in Sikeston, MO. But she said absolutely NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, nasty, snarky, or degrading about John McCain, Cindy McCain, Sarah Palin, Todd Palin, or any of their family members. As a matter of fact she only had nice and complimentary things to say about all of them. She was kind, intelligent, classy, and very, very down to earth. She helped to advance what her husband wants to do in his presidency. She talked about his philosophy-that you can disagree with someone without being disagreeable, that you should RESPECT all people, even those that have a difference of opinion or policy, and that if we all work together we can do anything. That is a big difference from what I have been hearing from the other side. I listened in disbelief as Cindy McCain stated that Barack Obama is running the "dirtiest campaign in American history". And at the campaign rally this week when she stated that it sent a cold shiver down her spine when Barack Obama voted against funding the troops. What she didn't say is that John McCain voted against it also. When she said that she would like for Barack Obama to wear her shoes for a day, I was dumbfounded. Can you see her living the life of an African American? Can you imagine Cindy McCain living in Chicago, in the same house all the time? Can you imagine her withstanding the racial or ethnic slurs? I can't. I do imagine, however, that if she did trade shoes with him, after an hour, she would be screaming that she wants her life back. After watching these two women for the last few months, I can say that it seems to me that Cindy McCain is a woman who is not very satisfied with her life, and that Michelle Obama is happy, grounded, and comfortable in her own skin. Maybe always being on the receiving end of the kind of remarks that I have heard hurled in this campaign, has made her more able to be a TRUE Christian, to follow the word of God, to forgive those who trespass against her, and to not bear false witness. I only wish that everyone could follow her example. May your God bless, and keep, you and yours. Pray for peace and enlightenment. Don't forget to VOTE on November 4th.

No comments:

WHY THE ACA IS A DIRE NECESSITY FOR ME

From My Own Little Corner     I was diagnosed with Lupus in 1993, and for the next 21 years, I had no insurance. I used Urgent Care Centers,...