Saturday, October 04, 2008

I'm back

From My Own Little CornerAfter a long hiatus, I have decided to begin blogging again. I have lots of things to blog about, as there have been lots of changes in my life and in this country since October of 2006. The most significant is the graduation of my youngest son from high school, his starting college, and the marriage of my oldest son to a beautiful young lady named Nicole. They have moved to Independence, MO, where Nicole is going to pharmacy school, and it has almost killed me. I miss them so much. I have gotten 2 years older and a little rounder in the intervening years, but my wonderful husband still loves me. Huh, will wonders never cease? My political views have not changed, if anything they have gotten stronger. I am supporting Barack Obama, and before anyone starts yelling that I am voting for the wrong person, let me just say that, as in the case of our current president, I have done my research. If people had done enough research before GWB was elected, maybe we wouldn't be in the mess that we're in today. I am a born again christian, mother of a child with handicaps (that were much worse than those of Sarah Palin's son), the wife of a man who is blind (from a hunting accident), and am personally opposed to abortion (but I would never attempt to force my PERSONAL beliefs on anyone else). I also believe that global warming is caused mostly by man and his careless disregard of this planet that we live on, that our economy is in the tank thanks to the out of control spending of the last 8 years, that this administration, the one that touts less government, has increased the government's role in our lives more than at any other time in our history, and that the legacy that they left for our children is dismal. Okay, I have ranted enough for one post. As I said in the beginning, I'm back and I have lots to say. May your God bless and keep you. Pray for peace and enlightenment.

No comments:

WHY THE ACA IS A DIRE NECESSITY FOR ME

From My Own Little Corner     I was diagnosed with Lupus in 1993, and for the next 21 years, I had no insurance. I used Urgent Care Centers,...