Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Blind Ambition


From My Own Little Corner Well, I haven't written a post in a while because someone asked me a question about the election, and I have been mulling it over. I know you're getting tired of hearing about it, but come next Tuesday we will go to the polls to elect a new President and, to me, one of the most important of our duties, as a citizen, is to vote. But first, I have added a few more pictures, including the one at the top of this post, and I am going to try to add one each time I post(I have LOTS!). I love photography and all these pictures were taken by me on my Nikon 35mm, developed at Wal-Mart, and then scanned and copied to my computer. There is also another award from my baby sister, Catrina. She is one of the most wonderful people, kind and warm hearted, and though we often disagree on things like politics, we still respect one another. My other sister Sabrina, is generous, smart, loyal, hard working, and we share many of the same views. My brother, Randy, is the funniest, and he also has a heart of gold. He works tirelessly to help the homeless in St. Louis with food. But much more important, he feeds their souls and spirits by teaching them about the wonderful gift that God gave us when He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins, and he helps me to remember the path that I should follow. My dad and mom are the reason that we all turned out the way we did. We are diverse, we are alike, we are kind, we are proud, we are patriotic, we are spiritual, we are generous, we are soft hearted, we are fiercely loyal, we are democrats, we are republicans, and most of all, we love each other with a love that is unconditional. In all the people that I have met, I don't think I know any other family quite like ours. And these traits are not just in our immediate family, but in our extended family as well. We have all married people that are just like we are. These people have made me who I am. I am an independent, hard headed woman. I know what I think and I make my decisions based on the things that I learn by studying books, magazines, news reports, newspapers, and anything else that I can get my hands on. Having established these truths, I will now tell you what I have been thinking about these last few days. I have been asked why I don't vote for Sarah Palin, after all, we have something in common, we both are mothers of a special needs child. First, Sarah Palin isn't running for President, John McCain is, but even if she was the nominee, I still wouldn't vote for her. I have been watching her for these last 6 weeks and I just don't understand what she is doing. Politics aside, she has a son that was born in April with Downs Syndrome, and this child needs special attention that he can only get from his mother and her being with him all the time. And I am not saying that his father or his sisters aren't effective, but he needs special nurturing from his mother. He has a long row to hoe. When I see her with him on stage, late at night, out in the bright lights and noise, and the cold, I have a hard time believing that she puts his needs first. I had a daughter that was severely handicapped and personally I am appalled at the way they are using this small child. These children need special attention, especially from their mothers. At this time he needs extra care, even more than a child without special needs, for he is bonding, learning to roll over, learning to sit, and all the other things that are learned at this age, but he will need to have extra help. He needs a schedule for his feedings, his bedtime, his exercises, and any other therapy-physical & occupational-that he may need in order to develop to his full potential. He needs stability. I watched her speech on special needs children and was moved by what she said. That may be due to the fact that I have had to deal with the myriad of problems that come with being a mom of a special needs child. My question is this; why aren't you at home with your son? I know that most children do quite well with working mothers and it may be, that at a later period in his life, he will also. But right now Sarah Palin's first priority should be that 5 month old baby boy that the Lord blessed her with, for he is Heaven's Very Special Child. Ambition can come later. If she won't set aside her ambition for her child and do what's best for him, then why should I trust that she will do it for a country full of strangers? Please pray for peace and enlightenment, and may your God bless, and keep, you and yours. Don't forget to vote November 4Th.

No comments:

WHY THE ACA IS A DIRE NECESSITY FOR ME

From My Own Little Corner     I was diagnosed with Lupus in 1993, and for the next 21 years, I had no insurance. I used Urgent Care Centers,...