Saturday, July 09, 2016

THE HATE MUST STOP...BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

From My Own Little Corner  My heart is hurting, I just can't believe how much violence I see. I truly believe that until we learn to love one another, all of us, that we will not be able to move forward as a nation. Jesus told us, in John 13:34 - 35 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” I am seeing very little love these days, and that includes coming from those who proclaim that they are Christians. We are not called to hate those that don't agree with us, we are not called to turn our backs on them, we are not called to walk away from them, and we most certainly are NOT called to KILL them. If we resort to the same tactics of extremists, then we are no better than they are. If we continue to label people based on skin color, where they were born, how they "look", the clothes they wear, or what someone on a website or social media calls them (by this I mean those that say if you don't agree with what they say, you must be a "mooslum". I have been called that on numerous occasions for saying exactly what I am saying today), then we will never accomplish the Great Commission. If you are one of those fanning the flames of discord by repeating and reposting these inflammatory memes and hateful statements, and you say you are a Christ follower, then I suggest that you re-read the 10 commandments, especially number 9..."Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor". I FACT CHECK every single thing I read or post before doing so, because I truly believe that disobeying this commandment is the greatest cause of the divisiveness and violence that we see today. My husband always says, "There is no defense against a liar." and that is exactly why commandment number 9 is so important. We can't be so cavalier with "facts", and expect that people will not react in a negative way. Please, please, for the love of all that you hold dear, and for the love of our Father, think before you fan the flames. I am a follower of Christ. I believe that there is good in every person. I support our police, I support the rights of people to PEACEFULLY protest when they feel like they are treated unfairly as well, regardless of race, as do the majority of the people that I know, including the police. If they didn't, they wouldn't be there protecting them. There are always those few, though, that will take advantage of any situation.
All this being said, I believe that love is the greatest healer and it is the answer, not violence against the children that God has made in His image. Every time I see ANYONE killed, I feel God cry in my heart. God loves all of His children, and I am positive that as He looks down, He is heartbroken over the way that we treat each other. It is time to love like we have never loved before, it is time to forgive as we have been forgiven, and it is time to stop the hate rhetoric that has become so prevalent in today's society. It is time for prayer and peace to replace hate speech and blood shed.
I am praying for peace and I hope you will all join me. The hate must stop, now, before it's too late.


No comments:

WHY THE ACA IS A DIRE NECESSITY FOR ME

From My Own Little Corner     I was diagnosed with Lupus in 1993, and for the next 21 years, I had no insurance. I used Urgent Care Centers,...