Monday, November 03, 2008

It's Showtime

From My Own Little Corner
Okay folks, we have had two years of electioneering and now it has come down to it. Tomorrow is election day. The first Tuesday of November, every four years, part of the American people go to the polls and elect a new a President. I say part because, although most people are registered to vote, a good portion of them do not exercise that constitutional right. I'm not sure why, but I do know that if this election has done nothing else, it has certainly electrified the voting masses. That is something that this country has needed for a long time. There are too many people who look at voting as a chore that they are not willing to do. It isn't, it is a privilege that thousands of our forefathers died defending. I think that it is time that we remembered that, and that we remember that our constitution guarantees us the freedoms of religion, speech, and to vote for the person for President that we feel is the best for our country, among our many other rights, and that our forefathers died for all these rights as well. Having said these things, I just wanted to take this opportunity to remind people that voting is one of the most important duties of every citizen. It is these freedoms that make the United States of America the great country that it is. So get out and vote. And if you decide not to, then don't come complaining to me when you think that things aren't going as you feel that should be. Because if you don't use your right to vote, then you have no right to b@#ch. May your God bless, and keep, you and yours.

No comments:

WHY THE ACA IS A DIRE NECESSITY FOR ME

From My Own Little Corner     I was diagnosed with Lupus in 1993, and for the next 21 years, I had no insurance. I used Urgent Care Centers,...